Introduction : Soup
A great meal for a last minute dinner idea, just keep the canned goods on hand. Simply add browned ground beef and you can vary the other ingredients to suit your tastes.
Watch this recipe on youtube – Click on it
Information : Soup
What is canned soup?
Canned soups do contain some vitamins and some fiber. While processing may remove some of the nutrients, such as water soluble-vitamins, other nutrients, such as fiber, may become easier to digest and absorb. And canned soup is convenient and easy to prepare. But there are also drawbacks to eating canned soup.
What is canned soup made of?
A wide variety of foods and seasonings are used to make condensed soup. Meat, such as beef and chicken, is used to create soup stock and as an ingredient. Vegetables can include broccoli, cabbage, corn, green beans, lima beans, okra, onions, peas, tomatoes, and white potatoes. Grains include noodles, rice, and barley.
Are cans of soup good for you?
Canned soups can be sky-high in sodium, which, when overdone, can lead to high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke. So opt for low-sodium soups whenever possible, says Dr. Young, and aim to not exceed 350 mg.
How does canned soup work?
Soups are all cooked to temperatures beyond which most bacteria cannot survive. They are then sealed in sterile environments so that no contamination can take place. All of the ingredients, not just meat, are pasteurized by the heat and are safe to eat.
How is can soup made?
Condensed soup is made by mixing all the ingredients together and simmering it until a thick stock is formed. Once the thick stock has been created, it is then mixed with thickeners and some final flavourings to make sure it tastes as good as it looks! It’s then packaged into cans and sent off to stores.
How do you make canned soup healthy?
Loading up your soup bowl with extra vegetables is a great way to add nutrients, antioxidants and fiber, which makes soup more filling. Try stirring in leftover roasted vegetables or sautéed greens, or cook fresh or frozen vegetables in simmering soup until tender and heated through.
Who invented the soup can?
Artist Andy Warhol
Medium Synthetic polymer paint on canvas
Dimensions 20 by 16 inches (51 cm × 41 cm) each for 32 canvases
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 can condensed tomato soup (10 3/4 ounce size)
- 1 can vegetable soup (10.5 ounce size condensed)
- 1 can chili (15 ounce size, with beans)
- 1 can chili (15 ounce size, without beans)
- 1 can mixed vegetables (15 ounce size)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce size)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (10 ounce size, with green chili)
- 1 can whole kernel corn (15 ounce size)
- Add the ground beef to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until well browned. Drain off any excess grease.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large crock pot. Mix well.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on high heat for 45 minutes or until it begins to simmer. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 1 more hour or until heated through.
- crock pot notes
- Crock pots/slow cookers all heat differently. There is no standard among manufacturers. Cooking times are suggested guidelines based on our testing. Please adjust cooking times and temps to work with your brand and model of slow cooker.
Also know more about Soup of 7 DAY DIET: How to make it