Introduction : Soup
I love my Instant Pot and I love it even more when it can make dinner in a hurry, not to mention making dinner can now actually be an enjoyable thing to do!
This week in our CSA bag we had Celery, Red Peppers, and 9-Bean Soup Mix and so we we threw a bunch of stuff in the Instant Pot and had dinner ready in 45 minutes – pretty spectacular considering we had no idea what to make.
Watch this recipe on youtube – Click on it
You can make 9-Bean Soup Mix in a Crock Pot but you will not be able to have it done and ready for the family in 45 minutes – it takes about 6-8 hours on low.. sorry but I don’t have time for that!
Prep Time : 5 min
Cook Time : 35 min
Total Time : 40 min
- 8 C. Organic Chicken Broth (we use Costco variety)
- One Pound of 9-Bean Soup Mix (find at most grocers for $3 – $4) a bag
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 3 Carrots, diced
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 1 can (15 oz) Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 4 stalks Celery, diced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 tsp Garlic, diced
- 1 tsp Thyme (or, 1 drop Thyme Essential Oil)
- 1 tsp Rosemary (or, 1 drop Rosemary Essential Oil)
- 1.5 Tbsp Parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 tsp Ham or Chicken base, or a Ham Hock – it tastes just as great without either too.
- Place everything in the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot on “Soup” for 35 minutes.
- When it’s done, let the pressure go down for a few minutes then quick release.
- Take out the ham hock (if you used one) and bay leaves and serve up in soup bowls.
When or if you need a more meaty 9 Bean Soup, you can add a pound of Pork Shoulder that’s diced into smaller pieces.
Also know more about 9 vegetable winter Soup : how to make it