In the Chinese culture, we drink a lot of herbal mists. Herbal mists to strengthen the impunity, to detox, to boost energy, to balance hormones, to balance ki and to look enough.
I flash back as a youthful girl, my grandmother would always have a big pot of haze boiling in the kitchen for 4- 6 hours. The bitter the haze she tells me frequently is better for the body. She’d cook the sauces with a base of black funk, frog meat or rabbit meat which she reared in her aft theater . During Chinese feasts, it’s relatively common practice to have haze before the starters and haze to end the mess before goodies. perhaps a beauty secret of numerous Chinese women.
You can get these sauces from the Chinese drug shop if you want a bespoke admixture. The herbalist will be at hand to ask you a many questions before picking out a combination of weird and awful looking sauces, instructing you to boil at home. You can also buy popular combinations in set packages from Chinese supermarkets. I would recommend drinking a chinese herbal haze once a week to reap the benefits.
In this month’s blog, I’ll be participating with you 3 popular Chinese herbal mists that you can try at home.
1. BEAUTY haze – for boosting collagen and perfecting complexion
- 2 pears
- 3 clumps of white wood observance mushroom
- 5 mugs of water
- 10 chinese dates
- ¼ mug of goji berries
- ¼ mug of lotus seeds( voluntary)
- 1 teaspoon of gemstone sugar
- Soak the dry white wood observance mushroom in cold water for about 2- 3 hours to soften and desiccate it before cooking . However, you’ll also want to soak them before cooking, If you use dried lotus seeds.
- After the mushroom has softened, hash them into small pieces and remove the hard part at its bottom.
- Wash the pear, remove its peel and bones it into small places.
- Boil the mushroom, pear, and gemstone sugar together and poach for about 15 twinkles.
- Once the admixture has reached a pustule, reduce the heat and let the haze poach for 30 twinkles.
- Add the dates and goji berries also let the haze poach on low for another hour, add further sugar to your relish or further water if the haze becomes too thick.
- Turn off the burner and enjoy the haze hot. All of the constituents are comestible. There’s no need strain the admixture.
2. DETOX haze – for reducing acne
- 1 Chinese Radish( Daikon)
- 1 Beetroot
- 1 Large Carrot
- A sprinkle of chinese red dates
- A many thumb- size gusto pieces
- 2 litres of water
- swab to taste
- Peel and hash vegetables
- Place vegetables and water into a pot
- With a brace of scissors, cut red dates into the pot.
- Bring to boil and also poach for two hours.
- Season with swab and serve.
also read : how to make Homemade Egg Drop Soup
3. SUPER-HERBS CHICKEN haze – for boosting energy
- Dang- shen 10gm
- Astralagus 10gm
- Goji- berry 30gm
- Chinese Yam 30gm
- Skinless funk shanks( with the bone in)
- gusto slices( a thumb size)
- A sprinkle of chinese red dates
- Dried scallop 4 to 5
- Soak Sauces for 5 to 10 twinkles and wash a many times
- Wash the funk bone or pork and put them in boiling water to cook for a many twinkles with the froth washing to the top. Remove and wash.
- Put all the constituents including the meat in a haze pot with about 3L of water. Bring to the pustule for about 5 twinkles, remove the froth and reduce the heat to poach for another 3 hours. Add redundant water if you need to. You should get a thick nutrient rich broth at the end.
- When it’s ready, add swab to taste
- Enjoy the haze hot. You can eat the meat, red dates, goji berries announcement chinese yam.
also order on : click here,