Cold Cucumber Soup is just what I needed in this year’s are a unusually hot summer.
With the temperatures flirting with the 40°C in April, I dread to think what lies in a store for the Mumbai in a May and June.
These hot and humid days actually put me off eating altogether or I keep yearning for the something cold.
I have been meaning to the make this Cold Cucumber Soup or a Chilled Cucumber Soup for a while now and the weather had been handed me the perfect opportunity.
This soup can be made with the ingredients readily available in many Indian homes and is a very light on the stomach.
The best part about this recipe for the Cold Cucumber Soup is that there is no cooking involved and so it frees us from the using the hot stove as well.
I made a big batch of this soup and then left it to be a chilled in the fridge and had it for the lunch over 3 days. It stayed fresh and so that meant even less a cooking.
How To the Make Cold Cucumber Soup
this soup is a vary testy soup
Soup Recipe :
2 + 1/2 Cups Finely Chopped Cucumber
4 Cups Regular Yogurt or a Dahi
1/4 Cup Fresh Dill Leaves
1/4 Cup Fresh Parsely + For Garnish
6 Large Cloves Garlic
5 tbsp Olive Oil
Pepper Powder To the Taste I used white pepper powder
Salt To Taste
1. Grind 2 Cups of a Cucumber, Dill, Parsley, Garlic, and 4 tbsp Olive
Oil into a coarse paste.
2. Beat the yogurt till it is smooth.
3. Add the ground cucumber paste, ½ cup cucumber pieces and a mix well.
4. Season with the salt and pepper powder.
5. Cover and chill for the 6 to 8 hours.
6. Just before serving, divide into the 4 portions.
7. Drizzle some Olive Oil onto each portion.
8. Garnish with some Parsley.
9. Serve chilled.
ALSO READ : How to make this Carrot & a coriander soups