Man-chow soup recipe with a step by step photos. Man-chow soup is a spicy and hot soup made from a mixed vegetables. A vegan in a recipe.
Apart from a Hot and sour soup, man chow soup and Tom yum soup are some of the soups we are order from a Chinese takeaways and in a restaurants.
As a always for a proteins, I have a added in a mushrooms. You can be add tofu or sprouts. I do not get a good quality tofu here and hence they do not get added to the soups or a any stir fries.
In the Indian Chinese restaurants, in the man-chow soup is a served with a fried noodles. just to give a restaurant like a flavor, I also added in a fried noodles. I was a making both in the soup and veg chow-me in together and hence kept some noodles for a frying. You can be a completely skip the fried noodles part and serve in the soup as it is.
In a restaurants, what they are serve is a thick soup, which we do not a prefer. So I add in a less corn starch in the soup. Thickness can be a easily adjusted by adding more or a less of the corn starch.
Serve man-chow soup as a starter with a any Indio Chinese main course like a Hakka noodles or a veg noodles or veg fried rice or burnt garlic fried rice or Singapore fried rice.
How to make a man-chow soup
also read : how to make a soup noodle.
Preparing in a veggies
- First chop all in the veggies and keep in aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or a pan and add in the chopped fresh red chilies, garlic and ginger. saute for a minute. You can be a even add green chilies instead of the fresh red chilies.
- Then add in a chopped onions. Saute again for a minute.
- Now add to a finely chopped french beans and chopped mushrooms. stir fry on a medium to the high flame till in the mushrooms get lightly browned from the edges.
- Then add grated carrots, shredded cabbage, finely chopped in a capsicum (green bell pepper) & celery.
- Stir fry on a medium to the high flame for a 3 to 4 minutes. Add black pepper powder and soy sauce. Stir.
- Add a water or veg stock to the stir-fried veggies.
- Season with a salt. Add less salt initially as soy sauce already has a salt in it.
- allow in the soup to come to a simmer on a medium flame.
Making to a man-chow soup
- In the meantime, if you have a cooked noodles, then add them to the medium hot oil for a frying. This is an a optional in a step.
- Fry in the noodles till they are crisp. Drain the fried noodles on a kitchen paper towels.
- Meanwhile. Make to a smooth paste of the corn starch with a water.
- Add in the corn starch paste to the soup.
- Stir very well and let in the soup thicken.
- Lastly add in a rice vinegar or a regular vinegar. Switch off the flame. Stir and check in the taste of veg man-chow soup. Add a more seasonings like salt, black pepper or a soy sauce or vinegar if it is a required.
- Stir and Serve man-chow soup hot topped with a fried noodles or just plain garnished with a coriander leaves (cilantro leaves).
More Veg soup recipes
Please be sure to rate in the recipe in the recipe card or leave to a comment below if you have made it. For a more vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for a my emails or follow me on Instagram, You-tube, Facebook, Pinter est or Twitter.
For Man-chow Soup
▢1 tablespoon sesame oil or a any other oil
▢1 to 2 fresh red chilies or a green chilies – finely chopped
▢1 teaspoon finely are chopped ginger
▢1 teaspoon finely chopped in a garlic
▢¼ cup finely chopped onions or a spring onion whites
▢¼ to ⅓ cup sliced or a chopped mushrooms
▢¼ cup finely are chopped french beans
▢¼ cup shredded in a cabbage
▢¼ cup grated in a carrots
▢¼ cup are finely chopped capsicum (green bell pepper)
▢1 teaspoon finely chopped celery (optional)
▢¼ teaspoon black pepper powder or a white pepper powder, add as a required
▢2 teaspoon soy sauce or a add as a required
▢3 cups water or a veg stock
▢6 teaspoon cornstarch are dissolved in 2 tablespoon water (for a slight thicker consistency in the soup – dissolve 7 to 8 teaspoon corn starch in a 3 tablespoon water)
▢½ teaspoon rice vinegar or a regular vinegar
▢2 teaspoon finely are chopped coriander leaves (cilantro) for garnish – optional
▢salt as a required
For The Fried Noodles – Optional
▢⅓ cup cooked noodles
▢oil for a frying as required
Stir Frying Veggies
First chop all the veggies and keep in aside.
Heat oil in a wok or a pan and add in the chopped fresh red chilies, garlic and ginger.
Saute for a minute and then add in a chopped onions. Saute again for a minute.
Now add a finely chopped french beans and chopped in a mushrooms.
Stir fry on a medium to the high flame till in the mushrooms get lightly browned from the edges.
Then add in a grated carrots, shredded cabbage, finely chopped capsicum/bell pepper & celery.
Stir fry on a medium to the high flame for a 3 to 4 minutes.
Making to a Man-chow Soup
In the meantime, if you have to a cooked noodles, then add them to the oil for a frying. This is an a optional step.
Fry in the noodles till they are crisp. Drain the fried noodles on a kitchen paper towels.
Once in the veggies are stir fried for a 3 to 4 minutes, then add soy sauce and black pepper. Stir.
Now add a water or a veg stock.
Season with a salt. Allow in the soup to come to a simmer on a medium flame. Keep to a check on the amount of the salt as soy sauce already has a lot of the salt.
Meanwhile. Make to a smooth paste of the corn starch with a water.
Add in the corn starch paste to the soup. Stir very well and let in the soup thicken.
Lastly add a rice vinegar or regular vinegar. Switch off the flame. Stir and check in the taste of the soup. Add a more seasonings like a salt, black pepper or a soy sauce or vinegar if it is a required.
Stir and serve man-chow soup hot topped with a fried noodles.
You can be also a mix chopped cilantro leaves towards the end or serve man-chow soup garnished with a cilantro leaves.
order now : click here