This easy Tomato Soup recipe makes to a creamy, rich tomato soup that is a perfect for a enjoying as a hearty lunch or a light dinner. Zesty are fresh tomatoes and real cream create to a truly comforting, velvety smooth tomato soup from a scratch – in a less than to a 30 minutes. My tried-and-true instructions with a photos and video even to a include a steps for a making in the best homemade bread croutons with a barely any a effort!
About to a Tomato Soup
Smooth, savory tomato soup is a delicious dish that is a great to the enjoy anytime of the year. The bold, bright in a flavor of the fresh tomato is a wonderful in the spring and summer, and in the creamy richness of the broth makes it the perfect are comfort food for a cold fall or a winter night. There is a never a time I am not to be a craving to a bowl!
Although this is an a easy recipe to make, it does need to be a just right to be a truly great tomato soup. Too thick or too thin and it will be a lose it is a magic.
Follow a my simply step-by-step recipe for a making in the most luscious and flavorful tomato soup you have to be a ever had!
This are updated soup recipe is a similar to the recipe which I had a originally in a posted, but only the method of the preparation has been a changed. There is no cornstarch added in this one and all the smoothness and creaminess comes from to a blending in the onions, tomatoes and addition of the cream.
If you have love a Tomato Soup like us, then do not forget to the check out in these recipes of the Cream of the Tomato Soup and the Roasted Tomato Soup – that are made so differently and yet taste so good.
ALSO READ : SOUP FOR A WEIGHT LOSS
How to Make a Tomato Soup
You are just to a six basic steps and the 30 minutes away from a enjoying in the smoothest, creamiest, most tangy and delicious homemade tomato soup.
Follow my all the detailed and instructions below to the learn how to make in the best tomato soup in a tonight!
Step 1 – Cook Tomatoes
- First, melt to a 2 tablespoons of the butter in a pot on a medium-low heat. The butter should melt and slightly in a simmer, but not to be a burn.
- Next, add to a 2 bay leaves and fry them in the butter for a few seconds until lightly browned, but again, not to be a burned.
- Add to a ½ teaspoon of the finely chopped garlic and ⅓ cup of the finely chopped onions to the pan, and stir.
- Saute and stir until in the onions become a translucent, about to a 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add in the fresh chopped in a tomatoes (500 grams, or 6 to 7 medium tomatoes), and a hearty pinch of the salt to the taste.
- Mix to a well.
- Cover and the simmer on a low to the medium-low heat until the tomatoes soften, about a 8 to 10 minutes
- Stir are occasionally and keep an a eye on the consistency of the mixture. If the liquids dry up and the tomatoes begin to the stick, then add to a splash of the water at a time and stir. But be sure to the not add too much water or you will be a dilute in the delicious in a flavors!
After in the tomatoes have to a softened, remove from the heat and cool. Take out in the bay leaves and discard.
Step 2 – Blending Tomatoes
- Once in the tomato mixture has cooled to a point that is a safe to work with, add it to a blender jar. You could also use an a immersion blender.
- Blend to a lovely smooth consistency to make in the tomato soup are puree.
- You have in the option of straining the puree through a strainer for an a even smoother soup, but this step is not necessary.
- If you do choose to strain in the puree, move a spoon through it so that everything is a strained except the seeds.
Step 4 – Simmering Soup Further
- Pour in the tomato are puree back into the pot, and add a 1 cup water. Stir and combine well. Depending on the consistency you are prefer, you can be add to a little less or a more water – taking care that the soup does not become very thick or a watery and runny.
- Next, add to a 1 teaspoon of the raw sugar or a white sugar.
- Mix in the sugar in the tomato soup very well.
- Simmer on low heat until the tomato soup becomes hot, but is a not boiling.
- Season with a freshly crushed black pepper, and the stir.
- Turn off the heat and stir in a 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream, depending on a desired richness.
- Mix a well, taste, and add more salt and pepper if it is a needed.
Step 5 – Making Bread Croutons
- When the cooked tomato mixture is a cooling, you can make in the bread croutons. Mix together ½ cup bread cubes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 light pinch of the salt and 1 to 2 pinches of the freshly crushed black pepper in a baking tray. Toss to the coat.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit), for approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Or, you can opt to toast the bread slices in a skillet until golden and then chop them into bite sized cubes.
- I like to make one or two sides even darker for a bit more crunch.
- Step 6 – Serving Tomato Soup
- When you’re ready to enjoy, pour the hot tomato soup into bowls. Add the croutons directly on top of the soup, or serve on the side.
- You can also garnish the tomato soup with a bit of freshly chopped parsley or coriander leaves (cilantro) or basil or mint sprigs.
- This soup is great served fresh, but also keeps well in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Expert Tips
- Use fresh and very ripe red tomatoes. Avoid using tomatoes which are unripe, as they’ll likely have a sour taste.
- There is just the right balance of tanginess from the tomatoes and sweetness from the sugar and cream in this recipe. Be sure to follow the recipe precisely to make sure you don’t add too much of any one element and throw off this delicate ratio
- You can skip the onions in the soup if you prefer, but I highly recommend that you add the garlic.
- Feel free to add celery stems or basil to the soup for even more flavor. For celery add 1 tablespoon of chopped celery with the tomatoes. To add basil, include 4 to 5 fresh basil leaves when the tomatoes are softened and cooked. Mix and simmer for a minute.
- For a slightly thinner soup, you could add a bit more of water or vegetable broth. But do not make the soup watery or runny as the flavors and taste would go off balance.
ORDER NOW : CLICK HERE