Veg Manchow Soup is a delicious vegan Asian soup loaded with vegetables. It’s one of the most popular Asian-style soups in India. Manchow soup is served with fried noodles on top which makes it even more appetizing.
I love soups and though they taste the best on colder days, I enjoy them in every season.
Today, I am sharing the recipe for a very easy and tasty Asian-style vegetable soup called veg Manchow soup.
It’s made by cooking very finely chopped vegetables in a delicious, slightly hot & spicy broth filled with Asian flavors. The soup is garnished with fried noodles which I enjoy the most in this soup.
WHAT IS MANCHOW SOUP?
Like most people, before you also assume that Manchow soup is a Chinese or Indo-Chinese soup, just by reading its name, let me clarify that the origin of Manchow soup is not confirmed.
It’s believed that the origin of this delicious soup is not China but a beautiful Northeastern state of India- Meghalaya.
Considering the fact that the Manchow soup recipe is not available on the blog of any Chinese food blogger and only the Indian food bloggers have shared this recipe, this belief could be true.
INGREDIENTS FOR FRIED NOODLES
To make this delicious veg manchow soup, you will need the ingredients shown below:
INGREDIENTS FOR FRIED NOODLES
HOW TO MAKE (STEP BY STEP PROCESS)?
Step 1: Put boiled noodles in a large bowl. Add salt and corn starch.
Step 2: Toss.
Step 3: Heat oil in a wok and add noodles to it
Step 4: Separate the strands with a pair of tongs and fry until the noodles turn golden brown from all sides.
Step 5: Take out on a plate lined with a kitchen paper towel.
Step 6: Heat around 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a cooking pot. Add finely chopped ginger, garlic, and hot green chili peppers. Saute for a few seconds or until they become fragrant.
Step 7: Add chopped onion and white part of spring onion.
Step 8: Saute until the onion becomes translucent.
Step 9: Add cilantro stems. Saute for a few seconds.
Step 10: Add all the vegetables.
Steps 11 and 12: Saute on high flame for 4-5 minutes. The vegetables should be cooked but remain crunchy.
RECIPE TIPS AND TRICKS
- Though the vegetables that I have added are the vegetables that are generally used in this soup you can add or skip a few based on your liking.
- If you prefer a thinner soup, add less corn starch
- Don’t stop stirring for 1-2 minutes after adding corn starch slurry to avoid lump formation in the soup.
- Add fried noodles just before consuming the soup. Once you put them in the soup bowl they will start turning soft and we want to enjoy them crisp. You can serve the fried noodles on the side too.
- For a hotter version of this soup, add some chili oil or hot sauce to it.
- While frying the noodles, keep stirring and separating the strands from each other using a pair of tongs, when the strands are still soft. Once they turn crisp they will break if you try to separate them.
- other soup recipe
- thank you for visit my post.i am doing the post of continu update like this.