Our homemade chicken noodle soup recipe offers a classic yet hearty comfort food taste that will have the whole family feeling good.
- 11 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (24 ounce) Reames® Homestyle Egg Noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound chicken, precooked, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup sherry (optional)
Bring chicken broth to a boil with the bay leaves.
Add noodles and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir often.
Chop parsley, thyme, black pepper, onions, celery and carrots.
Add chopped herbs to pot and simmer for 10 minutes or until done.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet. Add the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the chicken and sherry (if using). Discard bay leaves.
Stir to incorporate, heat through and serve.