Adding vegetables to soups can be an easy way to use up canned and frozen vegetables and incorporate more into your diet.soup
This is also a great original recipe to make with your kids since it has a lot of dumping and rinsing (lots of water fun for kids) for your kids to help with! I know my children will never pass up a chance to play with water in the kitchen sink.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 6 ounces tortilla chips
- 3 ounces low-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large saucepan, combine corn, chicken broth, chicken, black beans, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until heated through.
- Serve over tortilla chips and top with a little cheese.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size (1/6 of recipe):
- Calories 410
- Total Fat 16g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 1170mg
- Total Carbohydrates 50g
- Fiber 8g
- Total Sugars 6g
- Protein 24g
- Vitamin A 8%
- Vitamin C 20%
- Calcium 15%
- Iron 20%