Looking for a perfectly simple and quick yet tasty dinner recipe? Then our Seven Can Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe, is perfect for you!soup
Seven Can Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe is the one of the best soups ever. Well, at least I think so. You can make this soup out of everything in your pantry. No freezer or fridge items needed! Those tortilla chips in your pantry can finally be used for a delicious soup without using a slow cooker or instant pot. All you will need for this soup is a large pot! It is an easy dish to make, even if it is your first time making it. The mix of beans is delicious and makes for a great meal for busy weeknights.
Now this Seven Can Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe comes together in a matter of minutes! I can’t think of one person who couldn’t use a fast meal! This is a great recipe for anyone who enjoys a chicken taco soup.
Easy and quick dinner recipes are perfect during the week. Especially when I am trying to stick to a budget this easy soup recipe is great! It is the best way to combine simple ingredients to create a classic southern recipe.
Sometimes I even double this recipe and freeze it for the next time we’re craving this flavorful dish too! Though make sure you have two large pots or 1 large stock pot to accommodate all of the ingredients if you want to try it.
This is also a great original recipe to make with your kids since it has a lot of dumping and rinsing (lots of water fun for kids) for your kids to help with! I know my children will never pass up a chance to play with water in the kitchen sink.
This Seven Can Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe is such an easy recipe to make, during the week, we even have everything you’ll need listed below!
Recipe using pantry ingredients:
Can of black beans
Can of pinto beans
Can of sweet corn
1 can of canned chicken (You can also use rotisserie chicken, fresh chicken breast, or even leftover chicken)
Green enchilada sauce
Taco seasoning packet
Ground black pepper
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream (optional)
Diced avocados (optional)
Taco seasoning can easily be found at the grocery store, but did you know that you can also make your own from scratch? It is super simple. Take a look at Gimme Some Oven’s Taco Seasoning recipe!
Get your can opener ready and let’s make this Seven Can Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe:
Pour the rinsed black beans, rinsed pinto beans, drained diced tomatoes, drained corn, drained chicken breast, green enchilada sauce, chicken broth into the pot.
Also, add in the packet of taco seasoning, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and ground black pepper to the pot.
Give the pot a good stir and let everything come to a boil.
Once the ingredients have reached a boil, turn the heat down to a medium and let it simmer for 30 minutes, stirring it occasionally.
Seven Can Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes drained
- 15 ounces sweet canned corn drained
- 12.5 ounces canned chicken breast drained
- 10 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1.25 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional topping
- 1/3 cup sour cream optional topping
- 1 diced avocado optional topping
- 2 cups tortilla chips optional topping
- Add all ingredients into a large stock pot.
- Bring to a boil, then let simmer on low for 30 minutes. You can also cook this in your slow cooker for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocados and tortilla chips.
- You can also do this recipe by dumping everything into a crockpot and let it cook on low heat for 2-3 hours as well.