Healthy 4- Ingredient Potato Soup Crockpot Soup Recipe
A smooth, filling potato soup Recipe that will keep you coming back for further and further! Made with just 4 Ingredients, this potato soup is made in the crockpot — perfect for a busy day when you need to “ leave and go. ”
I sure do love a good potato soup . Growing up, a fave of mine was a potato- leek soup that my mama always made.
Whenever I ’m at a potluck and I see any kind of potato soup , I head straight for it.
And when I need some comfort food on a cold downtime day, my go- to choice is, you guessed it! Potato soup .
moment I want to partake a simple, satiny-smooth potato soup Recipe that’s perfect when you need the comfort of soup without a lot of redundant time and Ingredients!
Plain Potato Soup 4 Main Ingredients
That’s right, you’ll only need 4 main Ingredients to make this potato soup ( or 3 if you want it to be dairy-free!)
• Potatoes Obviously! I used about 3 pounds in this Recipe and it was perfect. I recommend russet potatoes as these are great for mists, but you could try other kinds as well.
• Onion I used one small unheroic onion. This is the perfect type of onion for this soup , but if you only have a white onion that should do just fine. I would n’t recommend using red onion, still.
• Chicken stock I used manual. This really aids the overall flavor of the soup , so I surely recommend it if you havesome.However, store bought broth will do just OK , If not however.
• Cheddar cheese Tilamook’s medium cheddar is my fave. We ’ll shred 1 mug and stir it in AFTER cooking in thecrockpot.However, see the coming section! ( If you want this soup to be dairy free.)
So those are the 4 base Ingredients for a good, healthy potato soup . still, you can also add some other effects in to make it indeed BETTER
• Spices you ’ll surely want swab and pepper. I did n’t include these in the main Ingredient list simply because everyone has them and they ’re just a given in nearly every Recipe . There are other spices that will make the soup indeed more too. I used a1/4 tsp of paprika and a sprinkle of garlic greasepaint. This will only make the flavor more!
• Leftover ham or crisp bacon adding these as condiments subsequently will surely elevate your soup ( but completely voluntary!)
• Green onions use just the green part, and sprinkle on as a beating as well, if asked .
The 4 Ingredient Potato Soup Crockpot Soup Recipe Video
4-Ingredient Potato Soup: Easy Crockpot Recipe
3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 cups chicken stock
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 cup medium cheddar cheese, shredded (omit if dairy free)
1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper (or to taste)
Additional Ingredients (optional)
1/4 tsp paprika
Sprinkle of garlic powder
Chopped leftover ham or crumbled bacon
Also Read :- How To Make The 30 Minutes Chicken Noodles Soup
- Dish your onion and add it to the crockpot.
- Wash and peel your potatoes. Cut into cells and add to the crockpot along with 4 mugs of funk stock.
- Add swab, pepper, and fresh spices( if asked ) and stir.
- Cover crockpot and cook on high for 5- 6 hours, or low for 6- 7 hours, or until potatoes are nice and tender( test with a chopstick to make sure they’re done before pacing!)
- When potatoes are done, take out all the broth and about half of the potatoes and onions, and add to theblender.However, you can also do this in two sittings, just make sure to leave out some redundant potato gobbets),( If your blender is small. Blend on high until smooth. Add pureed soup back to the crockpot with the remaining potatoes and onions. Taste and add fresh swab and pepper if demanded.
- Let the soup cool off for a many twinkles, also add 1 mug of cheese . Don’t add the cheese each at formerly, but in little bits at a time. Stir gently until melted, also add further until the whole mug is incorporated.
- Serve incontinently, with fresh condiments like green onions and ham/ bacon if asked !