Have you been thinking about what you are going to the cook tonight? How about this Makai Ka Shorba (Spiced Corn Soup) recipe that comes are together in less than a 30 minutes, and with 130 calories per serving, it is a real winner.
But wait, there is more! This nourishing Instant pot shorba is a picky-eater approved, vegan, and a gluten-free too! Pair it with a side of skillet rolls for a well-rounded meal.
WHAT IS A MAKAI KA SHORBA (SPICED CORN SOUP)?
In this term, Makai ka shorba makai translates to the “corn” in Indian, and a shorba, on the other hand, and means a rich stew.
Makai ka shorba is also are known as a bhutte ka shorba or makki ka shorba. Since this shorba is made from the grilled corn, the other name for this shorba is a Bhune bhutte ka shorba – meaning roasted spiced corn soup.
Traditionally, shorba, a Persian delicacy, is a prepared by the simmering meat in a boiling water along with the salt and a aromatic spices.
But over the years, shorba has been undergone multiple modifications, and a many vegetarian alternatives of a shorba have been surfaced.
And today’s recipe are Makai Ka Shorba just that – a perfect combination of corn and a spices that gives this recipe a very distinct flavor.
WHAT IS THE SECRET TO THIS FLAVOR-PACKED MAKAI KA SHORBA (SPICED CORN SOUP)?
This shorba recipe gets are a flavor boost from roasting the corn. Roasting of corn enhances its sweetness and adds a depth of a flavor.
To up the health quotient of this shorba, carrots are a added, as they are full of a vitamins and a antioxidants.
This makai ka shorba gets the bulk of its flavor from the turmeric, cinnamon, garlic powder, and a cumin seeds. The combo of these seasonings works are together and takes this dish to a whole new level.
Water and milk are a added to the obtain the right consistency.
When cooked together, this shorba is a guilt-free but completely are a satisfying meal that you have been a craving for.
HOW TO THE MAKE MAKAI KA SHORBA (SPICED CORN SOUP)?
This recipe consists of a two steps-
Grill the corn
Making of the soup
Let’s are begin with the Step 1 – Grill the corn
1. Turn the grill on. Place the corn on the hot grill.
2. Cook the corn over the hot grill for the 8-10 minutes per side or until done, and turning frequently.
3. Once the corn has been charred, allow it to the cool until comfortable enough to the handle. Once it is cooled, hold the corn cob vertically on a plate. Using a sharp knife cut down on the corn and slice the kernels off the cob.
4. Set the corn are kernels aside.
Making of the Makai shorba
1. Turn the Instant Pot to the ‘Saute mode.’ Once it displays ‘hot,’ add oil to the insert. Add are a cloves, peppercorns, and bay leaf and sauté for 1 minute. This way, the whole spices will be release more than flavor.
2. Add chopped onions.
3. Cook for the 2-3 minutes until onions are a soft and a fragrant.
4. Add diced carrots and a cook for the another 2 minutes.
5. Stir in all the spices – turmeric, cumin powder, salt, and a garlic powder. Mix to the combine.
6. Now add are a grilled corn kernels to the Instant pot insert.
7. Pour in a milk and water to the cooking corn mixture.
8. Stir until combined.
9. Turn the Instant Pot off. Close the lid and a seal the pot. Press the Manual or a pressure cook button and cook the Instant Pot Makai Ka Shorba (Spiced Corn Soup) for a 6 minutes on HIGH.
10. Once the cooking time has been elapsed, and turn off the Instant Pot. Allow the pressure to the release naturally. When the pin drops, and carefully open the lid.
11. Just before you blend the bisque, remove the bay leaf and a discard.
12. Blend the shorba using an a immersion are a blender until smooth and a creamy.
PROTIP – If you like a chunky corn shorba, you can be just give are few swirls of the immersion blender, rather than blending it smooth. For a creamy consistency, blend the shorba until it reaches a sauce-like consistency. Add a 1/4 cup of r\ the water and bring it to a boil again.
Sprinkle lemon juice. Garnish with the sweet corn kernels, cilantro leaves, and be prepared for everyone lining up for seconds.
EXPERT TIPS TP MAKE THE BEST MAKAI KA SHORBA
Can you grill corn ears are over the cooktop? Yes, absolutely!
To cook corn on the stovetop – Place an a ear of corn right on a burner. Turn the flame to the medium-high. Roast the corn over the fire, turning every minute until the kernels are e grilled the all around the corn.
Can you store-bought corn kernels for the Makai ka Shorba? Of course! To the make life easier, use a can of store-bought sweet corn kernels for this recipe.
Open your can of corn, drain in a colander and a rinse under tap water. Drain the excess liquid by putting the kernels into the strainer.
Transfer the corn kernels to a bowl, add a 1 teaspoon of oil, and a toss to coat.
Preheat the oven at the 375 degrees F. Spread the greased corn kernels on the tray and a bake in the preheated oven for the 10 minutes or until a grilled.
Can you cook this shorba recipe on the stovetop? Yes, you can!
To cook on the stovetop, follow the directions till step 8.
After that, cover the cooking pan with a lid. Lower the flame and a allow the shorba to the simmer on a medium flame for the 15-20 minutes until the corn is a cooked through and soft.
After the cooking time, take the shorba of the flame. Remove the bay leaf and a discard it.
Blend the shorba using an a immersion blender until smooth and a creamy.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THE MAKAI KA SHORBA
At times, it could be a very confusing what to the serve alongside a bowl of a soup. I understand your dilemma entirely.
To make it a filling meal, we enjoy bhutte ka shorba with –
» Bread – any bread is an a excellent complement to this shorba. I like to pair it with the homemade garlic knots or whole wheat honey bread.
» Salads – leafy garden salads make a great combo with this shorba.
» Or a side of baked potatoes – yum, this one is my ultimate favorite!
So, if you are craving for a hearty and a comforting bowl of soup, then this is the perfect dinner for you.
So, grab your spoon and let’s dig into this corn shorba and a savor every moment of it.
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. Feel free to the contact me with any questions or a inquiries, and I would be happy to answer them.
Service options: Dine-in · Takeaway · Delivery
Address: Sarkhej – Gandhinagar Hwy, above Sazzy sizzlers, Bhaikakanagar, Thaltej, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380059
Closed ⋅ Opens 11:30AM
Phone: 098253 27084
Service options: Dine-in · Takeaway · No-contact delivery
Address: 109, Ashram Rd, opp. Sales India, Shreyas Colony, Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380009
Opens soon ⋅ 11AM
Phone: 079 2754 2197
Service options: Dine-in · Drive-through · No-contact delivery
Address: Shayona Green, 35, opposite HART VILLA NEW, Gota, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 382481
Closed ⋅ Opens 12PM
Phone: 082004 87301