INTRODUCTION : SOUP OF OKARA
Okra or Okro soup is prepared using the edible green seed pods of the okra flowering plant as a primary ingredient. Other vegetables can be added to the soup as well, such as ewedu, kerenkere, or Ugu leaf. Depending on the specific variant being prepared, okra soup can have a clear broth or be deep green in colour, much like the okra plant itself. Okra (and, by extension, okra soup) can have a slippery or “slimy” mouthfeel. The edible green seed pods can also be used in other stews and soups, such as the American dish gumbo.
Lady’s Finger- 15 chopped
Tomato- 2 chopped
Garlic- 2 pods
Parsely- few leaves
Black Pepper Powder- ½ tsp
Salt- To Taste
Olive Oil- 2 tsp
Water- 3 cups
- Chop Lady’s Finger into small pieces. Keep aside.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add olive oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add crushed garlic, onion, tomatoes, lady’s finger and sauté for few minutes.
- Then add Parsley leaves and water. Add salt, black pepper powder and stir well. Press cancel to stop sauté.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘CLOSE’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Gravy’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Medium. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 8 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARMmode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods.
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode.
- Healthy Okra Soup is ready to serve with bread pieces.