Introduction : Soup
Get dinner in the slow cooker in a matter of minutes. You’re just 8 cans away from a delicious Taco Soup dinner for your whole family! One of the simplest meals you’ll make this month, this Taco Soup in the slow cooker is a crowd pleaser – guaranteed.
Recipe by – six sisters
Watch this recipe on youtube – Click on it
What is Slow Cooker 8 Can Taco Soup?
This Slow Cooker 8 Can Taco Soup has got to be one of the EASIEST meals I have ever made; yet it was surprisingly delicious!
I am always going to keep these ingredients stocked in my pantry for those crazy nights when I need a fast meal.
This is a great recipe to make when you have leftover chicken or ground beef. It’s also a great meal for beginning cooks (no matter their age!) and can help them feel successful in the kitchen – there’s really no way to mess this one up.
With just 8 cans and some taco seasoning, you’re ready to go. You can substitute your favorite beans or enchilada sauce, but here’s what we love in
Cream of chicken soup
Green enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn (drained)
- 1 (12.5 ounce) can chicken breast (drained)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
How to make Slow Cooker 8 Can Taco Soup:
We weren’t lying when we said this was one of the easiest recipes you’ll make all month! This soup can be made in just a few simple steps:
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour all the ingredients into slow cooker and stir together.
- Cook on low heat for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with your favorite taco soup toppings (see our list below with our favorites).
How to make this Taco Soup on the stove:
You can easily adapt this recipe to make it on the stove. To do so, prepare it in a large stock pot over medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until heated through.
FAVORITE TACO SOUP TOPPINGS:
- Lime wedges
- Sour cream
- Fresh, diced tomatoes
- Chopped cilantro
- Plain greek yogurt
- Crumbled cotija cheese
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Diced avocado
- Diced green onions
- Tortilla chips
MAKE SLOW COOKER TACO SOUP A FREEZER MEAL:
To make this a quick and easy freezer meal, pour all ingredients into a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. We like to label ours with the recipe title and date using a sharpie for quick reference.
- Lay bag flat in the freezer for up to 60 days. When ready to use, remove bag from the freezer and place in the fridge and let it thaw for 24 hours.
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Dump all the ingredients from the bag into slow cooker and stir together. Cook on low heat for 2-3 hours. Serve with shredded cheese and tortilla chips. Makes 6 servings.
- Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
To make this a quick and easy freezer meal, pour all ingredients into a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. Lay bag flat in the freezer. When ready to use, remove bag from the freezer and place in the fridge and let it thaw for 24 hours. Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Dump all the ingredients from the bag into slow cooker and stir together. Cook on low heat for 2-3 hours. Serve with shredded cheese and tortilla chips. Makes 6 servings.
Calories: 418 kcal · Carbohydrates: 63 g · Protein: 30 g · Fat: 7 g · Saturated Fat: 2 g · Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g · Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 42 mg · Sodium: 1467 mg · Potassium: 1136 mg · Fiber: 17 g · Sugar: 9 g · Vitamin A: 1138 IU · Vitamin C: 19 mg · Calcium: 88 mg · Iron: 5 mg
Slow Cooker Can Opener
Course: Main Course Cuisine: American, Mexican, Tex-Mex.
Also know more about 8 bean soup : How to make it ?