Are you looking to lose weight while eating healthy delicious meals? But did you know that soups can be magical for your weight loss journey? Yes, soups are not just delicious, but also healthy and filling.
Today, we bring some of the best soup suggestions which can help you drop the weight. Before that, let’s read why soups are a great option.
Are soups a good way to lose weight?
Soups are naturally filling and can be low calorie so are a great choice when you’re wanting to drop a few pounds without too much effort.
What types of soups are good for weight loss?
Plant-based soaps are the healthiest. They contain healthy vegetables, may contain pulses and grains and are made without dairy or heavy animal fat. When choosing a soup, it’s important to have one with lots of veggies. The fiber from veggies, plus a high water broth will help keep you full without adding excess calories.
So what are the healthiest soups that you can consume?
some multicolored vegetables like carrot, peas a chance because of antioxidants present in them which help in losing weight.
So, here are soups that you can enjoy for weight loss:
- Clear Soup
- boiled vegetables
You can boil the vegetables that you like to have but no underground vegetables. First cut them into big chunks and then boil it properly, after that just puree it. This soup will have a lot of fiber content in it. For flavor, you can add some pepper or garlic.
2. Cabbage Soup
Add carrot, peas, capsicum, also you can use palak. All the vegetables should be cooked in a pressure cooker properly and then they can be blended like a smoothie or paste. There is no need to add any thickening agent like cornflour. After it’s cooked properly, add a pinch of salt or tadka to the broth.
3. Green Veggie Soup
Green vegetables are rich in fiber, which helps in faster weight loss. Ghee, butter, palm oil, are to be used. Just a pinch of salt to the broth can be added as more of it will result in water retention. Additionally, tofu can be added to veg soup. People craving for flavor, can try Kim-chi soup which can be loaded with vegetables, little red chili flakes, dark soy sauce, pepper.
Helpful tips to make weight loss soups:
- Always add veggies that you like most in the recipes.
- Add cabbage and celery as they’re known for their weight loss and detoxifying properties, also they make the soup healthier hence it will keep you fuller.
- To make the soup even healthier, you can replace the white potatoes with sweet potatoes.
- If you prefer you can add beans to the soup for extra protein.
Noodle Soup Recipe
The noodles can be any type of noodles. you can use rice noodles, whole wheat noodles or instant noodles. Soups make for a comforting meal during winters.
This noodle soup is a clear soup. For a thick soup you can add some cornflour (corn starch) or potato starch or arrowroot flour in the soup. This soup is not spicy. to make spicy noodle soup, add finely chopped green chilies or green chilli sauce or red chilli sauce.
How to make noodle soup
1. Take 3 cups of water in a pan and begin to heat it.
2. Add ½ teaspoon salt.
3. Bring water to a rolling boil.
4. Reduce the flame and add 75 grams noodles. You can use any type of noodles like rice, whole wheat or instant noodles.
5. Immerse the noodles in water with a fork or spoon.
6. Increase the flame to medium-high and begin to cook the noodles.
7. The noodles need to be cooked till Alden. They should have a slight bite to them.
8. Strain the noodles in a colander.
9. Rinse with water very well.
10. Keep the noodles aside.
11. Shred or grate or finely chop the vegetables. You will need ½ cup shredded cabbage, ⅓ cup shredded carrots, ⅓ cup diagonally thinly sliced french beans and ¼ cup thinly sliced capsicum. You will also need ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic and ¼ cup chopped spring onions.
12. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan or wok. On a low flame add ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic. Saute for some seconds till the raw aroma of garlic goes away. You can use toasted sesame oil or sunflower oil or any oil.
13. Then add ¼ cup chopped spring onions.
14. Increase the flame to medium and stir fry for a minute.
15. Add the shredded veggies.
16. Mix very well.
17. Begin to stir fry on medium flame.
18. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
19. Then add 4 cups of water. You can also add 4 cups of homemade veg stock.
20. Mix well.
21. Bring the soup mixture to a rolling boil on medium flame.
22. When the soup comes to a rolling boil, then add 2 to 3 teaspoons soy sauce (i used naturally fermented soy sauce).
23. Season with salt as per taste.
24. Add crushed black pepper as required.
25. Add the noodles.
26. Mix very well.
27. Simmer noodle soup for 5 to 6 minutes on a medium flame.
28. Add ½ to 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or white vinegar. Mix well and switch off the flame. Lemon juice can be added instead of vinegar.
29. Then add 2 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens and 3 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves.
30. Mix well and Serve noodle soup hot. while serving first add soup in the bowl. Then with pasta tongs lift the noodles and place it in the soup bowl. You can garnish noodle soup with some chopped spring onion greens.
Best Place To Get Soup Near Me
- Flavors Restaurant
- Size Zero Cafe
- Brewer Cafe